This sweet little boy turns two at the end of next month! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. After working around all of the birthday's we have in March/April we finally set a date for the party. March 26, the day after Brent & I's 5th year anniversary. That leads to my question. To bake or to buy?
I am not against buying a cake, but I made the cake for his first birthday and I really enjoyed doing it. I thought, I will always make the cakes. Or at least make them until the kids were older and wanted something that I could not possibly do. That way, they will have something special from mom. However, I don't when I am going to have time to make the cake & I sure don't want to be stressed on my anniversary. I don't want to make it two early, but I don't want to wait until the day off in case it doesn't turn out (that is a whole other issue!)
I don't even have an idea of what I want the cake to look like. Everytime I ask Collin if he would like airplanes, he says "choo choo train birday". When I say choo choo train, he say "papain birday".
I guess this momma needs to get on making decisions. Choo Choo Train or papain birday? Bake or Buy?

He is too cute!
ReplyDeleteYou could borrow the pan I used for Ryan's one year that had multiple train cars that were small...do you know which one I'm talking about? The pan was Sandy's. You could just use the engine for his piece and decorate it on Thursday since it is small. Then if you didn't care to have cake or not have cake you could have some one, company or friend, make sugar cookies in the shape of trains and planes. I think Kiley Spencer does stuff like that. Or if you want cake have someone make a bigger one. That way you can do both trains and planes and Collin can have a small one made by you with love :-). I would offer to help but I'm do not believe I will be making Ryan's this year either.
ReplyDelete