Sunday, May 22, 2011

Why I love Sundays.

Sundays. 
 I have always loved Sundays: church in the morning, good lunch, a good nap, a drive around Edmond and then church in the evening.

Church as been a challenge lately with Collin.  He only sits still if he is drinking his milk or eating something. It is almost impossible to keep him quiet. I don't even remember the last time I have heard an entire sermon.  Today was no different.  There was the constant movement from one side of me to the other, the upset whining when we did not have what he thought needed out of the bag, and the trip out to the lobby for hitting.

That is not what sticks out the most to me today.  Today it was Collin being a two year old.  Stringing words together to form fragmented sentences and making me smile.  Here are just a few from the last few days that I don't want to forget. Hopefully I will remember them the next time I am standing in the lobby instead of sitting in a pew.

"Mommy pretty." ~ said while I was getting ready for church

"Thunder up" ~ in the middle of a song that had the word cloud in it.

"Mommy crying? I hug you." ~ when I got a little too emotional sorting through his clothes.

"Mommy pray." ~ yelled in the middle of a prayer because I didn't have my hands folded.

"I aw you." ~ said to Brent in the middle of a song about love.

"Baby Jesus" ~ yelled every time he sees the nativity picture in his Bible.

"Jesus my heart. Jesus everywhere. Jesus shot baskets me." ~ after singing Blue skies and rainbows.




No comments:

Post a Comment